03 March 2010

Revisions

As mentioned, I was in the hunt for an editor.  I met with a young man from Kensington a few weeks ago, and I was impressed.  We agreed on a method of feedback, and a fee, and have begun working together.  On Friday, I received the first chapter, with his notes and suggested revisions, and I have to say that I am glad I went with him.  He's good, and I can see this working quite well.

I've just sent him the first chapter again, with my own comments on some of the suggestions he made, though I've incorporated most of them into the text, there were a few that I kept as is.

I'm excited to hear what he has to say about it, and we'll keep moving forward through the manuscript.

1 comment:

Nik said...

That is exciting. Writing a novel is a huge undertaking and you are in the final steps. I am in awe of you. I am about halfway through my novel and it seems to be eking out of me lately.